Classic News

Medeiros exit creates wide-open Classic FF1600 title fight

Frontrunners in the Classic Formula Ford 1600 championship are preparing for championship bids this year with the absence of Adriano Medeiros.

The Brazilian, who has won the last two titles in a row, is understood to be competing in Britcar this year and didn’t enter the Silverstone opener last weekend.

Mike Gardner, the 2014 and ’15 champion who runs a Crossle 32F acquired from legendary FF1600 competitor Tommy Reid, said: “It’s the same car as last year.

“We tested at Oulton on Friday and had a bit of a misfire, but otherwise ok.

“I haven’t done a full season since [2015’s championship win] and hopefully we will be at all of them.

“Hopefully [we can win the championship] – that’s always the aim.”

Mark Armstrong, who ran his Van Diemen RF80 to second in the championship last year, said: “At the end of last year I kept telling him [Medeiros] we’re coming and only going to get quicker.”

He added that a title challenge is his plan for 2018.

0 comments on “Medeiros exit creates wide-open Classic FF1600 title fight

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: